· Tiger Helps
· Wolf Helps
· Bear Helps
· Webelos Helps
So you're a new Tiger Cub Leader?
Here's a summary of how the Tiger Cub program works:
- Cub Scouts joining as first grade boys enter the Tiger Cub Program.
- The Bobcat Badge must be earned first.
- To begin his path to the Tiger Cub rank, a boy must first earn the Tiger Cub Totem by learning the Tiger Cub Motto, the Cub Scout Sign, and the Cub Scout Salute.
- Once he earns the Totem, to earn the Tiger Cub rank the boy must complete a Family Activity, a Den Activity, and a "Go See It" Activity in each of five Achievement areas.
- As he completes each Achievement, he is awarded a bead which is hung from the Totem: a WHITE bead for each required Family Activity, an ORANGE bead for each required Den Activity, and a BLACK bead for each required "Go See It" Activity.
- After completing the fifteen activities required for the Tiger Cub rank, the Tiger Cub can be awarded Tiger Track Beads, which are YELLOW disks attached to the Totem. One bead is awarded for each group of 10 Electives the Tiger Cub completes.
- A boy can work on both Achievements and Electives concurrently, but he can't receive Tiger Track Beads until he has earned the Tiger Cub rank.
The online Pack 505 Library contains a set of Tiger helps, as well as an extensive set of Leader Resource links. The Tiger Helps page, in turn, contains links to the Tiger achievement and elective requirements, as well as a growing set of links organized by activity badge. By all means, if you come across any links you find helpful, please contact the webmaster to have them added to the list!
If you have any questions, either now or during the program year, please don't hesitate to contact the webmaster (or any of the other den leaders who have gone before you)!